Stainless Steel Riblath 2500mm x 600mm
- Rib Lath is fixed so that the tip of the rib is placed against the supporting background. The rib of the sheet should run at right angles to any supports. Ensure that the sheets are overlapped by a minimum of 50mm end to end and by 25mm widthways and that the ribs are nestled together.
- Timber Support – Rib Lath is fixed at each rib to timber supports using plasterers nails, screws or staples. Ensure that compatible corrosion resistant fixings are used, i.e. do not used galvanised fixings for stainless steel.
- Metal Support – Rib lath is fixed at each rib to metal support using 1.63mm galvanised or stainless steel tying wire. When joining Rib Lath sheets overlap the edge ribs and tie the edges with 1.22mm tying wire at 150mm centres.
- Solid Background – Rib Lath can be fixed to a solid background using a suitable fixing which holds the ribs firmly against the background. Where sheets are installed vertically, fixings should be positioned through all ribs at 600mm centres to ensure adequate stability.
- Always ensure that compatible corrosion resistant fixings are used, i.e. do not used galvanised fixings with stainless steel products or vice versa.